Thursday, May 1, 2014

Crocheted Mickey Mouse Baby Toy


Lots and lots of babies being born right now!  I've been very busy making little crocheted baby gifts: hats, booties, bibs, blankets and this new Mickey Mouse toy!  This is super simple and versatile!  I am going to share the pattern for the toy with you, but you can also use the pattern for a Mickey Mouse coaster or a Mickey Mouse applique.

You can increase or decrease your number of starting DC's in order to make it larger or smaller or use a smaller or larger hook.

I crocheted this in the round using the magic ring method.

You will need: 
Acrylic yarn in any color (I used Vanna's Choice in Scarlet)
Size H/8 - 5.00 mm hook
Yarn needle
Polyfil
Jingle bells (optional)

Let's Begin!

Head (make 2):
Rd 1: Magic Ring, 10 DC in magic ring, join to 1st DC (10 DC)
Rd 2: Ch 2, 2 DC in ea ST around, join to 1st DC (20 DC)
Rd 3: Ch 2, *2 DC in first ST, 1 DC in next, repeat from * around, join to 1st DC (30 DC)
RD 4: Ch 2, *2 SC in fist ST, 1 DC in next 2 STs, repeat from * around, join to 1st SC (40 SC)

Fasten off leaving long tail for sewing.



Ears (make 4):
Rd 1: Magic Ring, 10 DC in magic ring, join to 1st DC (10 DC)
Rd 2: Ch 1, 2 SC in ea ST around, join to first SC (20 SC)

Fasten off, leaving long tail for sewing.

Now you will need to sew the pieces together.  First, I sewed the ears to the body making sure I had the same number of st's between the ears on both Mickey's (remember you made 2 sets)  I left 8 St's between the ears on mine.  I weaved in my ends as I went - make sure to leave one extra long piece for sewing the two Mickey's together!

After sewing on the ears of both Mickey's, I then sewed the two Mickey's together, starting anywhere below the ears and working around the bottom of the head to the other ear.  Now you will need to stuff your Mickey.  Feel free to put as much polyfil stuffing as you like.  I continued to sew up around the ears, stuffing a little more polyfil in as I went.  Don't forget to add your little jingle bells before you finish sewing!  When you have completely closed your Mickey, weave in the ends and voila!  A happy Mickey Mouse toy for a new happy baby!  :)


For the coaster, I increased the beginning DC to 12 and used cotton yarn. :)

 <3 love!

Please note: You can make and sell as many of this pattern as you wish, but please do not copy or recreate the pattern or photos in any way.  Patterns are copyright protected.



No comments:

Post a Comment